Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drugs are bad. :(

+3
Vince
Sovereign~
Surprised
7 posters

Go down

Drugs are bad. :( Empty Drugs are bad. :(

Post by Surprised 9/4/2013, 2:04 am

There is a giant wooden planked sign at the main spawn which spells out 420. Why is the server endorsing drug usage in a game where young kids can see shit like that??
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Drugs are bad. :( Empty Re: Drugs are bad. :(

Post by Sovereign~ 9/4/2013, 3:03 am

No one ever said that the ETS server was for kids... its for "mature" audiences lol xD If the server was for mainly kids, then their wouldn't be cussing in the server, but cussing or strong language IS ALLOWED.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 9/4/2013, 3:19 am

Err, I only noticed the 420 when you pointed it out, Surprised. Good point you have there. What is a 420 doing at /warp chests...? Why not some other, less... "provocative" number...?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PinoyEvan5 9/4/2013, 4:37 am

I noticed the 420 at warp chests but I didn't think it would mean anything. Probably a few people in the server know about it, until now

PinoyEvan5
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 9/4/2013, 7:48 am

Only a design, the server isn't meant for younger audiences like Sov. said.

Younger people tend to have shorter tempers, and grief more making server life worse anyways.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 9/4/2013, 10:42 am

k sweet. i'll tell anyone who is under 16 to get off the server then. thanks.
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ><(((*> fish 9/4/2013, 11:06 am

I posted first, Surprised. But thanks for the feedback (: Maybe I shouldn't make my posts.. well "meaningless." Oh wait, this is meaningless! [: Please treat others as you would like to be treated. I don't think calling someone's post meaningless is very nice, but I'm cool so I will stay calm.

Last edited by ><(((*> fish on 9/4/2013, 8:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Last post was meaningless.)
><(((*> fish
><(((*> fish
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 9/4/2013, 11:16 am

@surprised- you dont tell the people 16yrs or under anything. Everyone is welcome to the server. We dont discourage young people to not join or stay on the server. That would be a bit discriminant towards their age. 420 is the theme for april aince that is a huge major event in april for people.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 9/4/2013, 1:26 pm

Fish, all that you said then was meaningless. Soverign just made it clear that the 420 symbol is referring to the smoking of weed month. Anyone who has general knowledge of the world understands what 420 is referring to as it the term of weed is the most closely associated. While those other events coincide, they are not the direct focus of the slang term '420'.

Fish wrote: I do not even understand how this could promote smoking weed or using any other illegal drug.
Sovereign~ wrote:420 is the theme for april aince that is a huge major event in april for people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/april-20-weed-day_n_1440522.html

brb, telling people under 16 to get off the server because of the r16 and mature content this server contains and then ill start building upside down crosses, and then swastikas in reference to the Buddhism religion. kcool.
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by PinoyEvan5 9/4/2013, 3:10 pm

Well most/some people in the server are 16 years old and below. I didn't know 420 was somewhat connected to drug usage. For truth, I refuse drugs or smoking. Even I'm 15 years old. Just like what Sovereign~ said,
Sovereign~ wrote:
Everyone is welcome to the server. We dont discourage young people to not join or stay on the server.
Please don't tell people 16 years old and below to leave the server, I know they will prevent drugs or smoking despite the server's theme about 420.

PinoyEvan5
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 9/4/2013, 4:15 pm

Upside down crosses and swastikas aren't related to any age, they're just plain offensive.
What I find funny is that you seem to miss the giant upside down pentagram in the boss arena.
To get slightly off topic my oppinion on smoking is that it should only be done on your own property.
That way smokers aren't *ssholes towards none smokers and astma patients like myself.
I have no problem with people destroying their own organs, it's their body, just don't destroy mine too.
To clarify the above for some, I live in the netherlands smoking weed is legal here.
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 9/4/2013, 4:24 pm

Surprised- if youre going to do that, you might as well not join the serer again. I i ever see you, you will be PERMA-MUTED, even possibly banned for offending other player's religion and religious beliefs. So dont ever join the server again, thanks~

pinoy- yes, everyone is welcome, young players may not know what 420 means, but some may do, heck, some other players may smoke already even at a young age. Even if youre 15, you are still ALLOWED to be in the server.

Gathor- if you see surprised in the server, feel free to perma-mute him and save me the trouble. Thanks.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 9/4/2013, 4:32 pm

I'll be sure to first, talk to him about this and second, perma-mute him if talking doesn't help.
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 9/4/2013, 4:54 pm

Judging by his posts, i dont see talking being affective.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 9/4/2013, 5:11 pm

Surprised wrote:brb, telling people under 16 to get off the server because of the r16 and mature content this server contains and then ill start building upside down crosses, and then swastikas in reference to the Buddhism religion. kcool.
Now now, lets not start breaking rules.

PinoyEvan5 wrote:Well most/some people in the server are 16 years old and below. I didn't know 420 was somewhat connected to drug usage. For truth, I refuse drugs or smoking. Even I'm 15 years old. Just like what Sovereign~ said,
That's perfectly fine!
Not everyone can "conform" to what the social standard is, or is not!
Personally, I partake in the combustion of cannabis every day. But I'm not going to post signs all around in-game telling everyone else to do so.

Sovereign~ wrote:Surprised- if youre going to do that, you might as well not join the serer again. I i ever see you, you will be PERMA-MUTED, even possibly banned for offending other player's religion and religious beliefs. So dont ever join the server again, thanks~
There is no reason to punish someone where they have not broken rules. If you see someone break a rule in-game, that is a different story.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 9/4/2013, 5:16 pm

Judging by his posts, he is enraged which as you know wears off in several turns. (pun intended)
But in all seriousness people are wreckless while upset so I think talking will be effective if we give it a day.
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 9/4/2013, 5:40 pm

Alright, then good luck lol xD
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 10/4/2013, 8:03 am

Gotta love the logic of the staff.

"oh shit, he's making a point on how there is r-rated material at the main spawn. oh shit, he isn't agreeing with my points exactly as i want him to. don't worry, i have the solution. lets permanently mute him in the game. lol shit, lets just ban him. that will solve the problem of him not agreeing with me on the forums."

I love this place. :3
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 10/4/2013, 10:03 am

Surprised are you familiar with the saying "If you haven't got anything good to say, say nothing"?
Well on this server we're nice enough to do it for you.
There are rules on this server which you follow, and if you don't you are no longer welcome.
The staff is simply there to ensure a nice and safe environment for people to have fun in.
Your current state of mind threatens that environment and thus we are forced to take action against that.
So please, calm down and follow the rules. The staff doesn't enjoy punishing people.
If it where up to me the staff wouldn't even be needed. But alas, people insist on breaking the rules.
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 10/4/2013, 10:28 am

Exactly Gathor. Surprised is wrong. I only saod that because he POSES a threat to the server, that is all. I didnt say it just because, so his analyziation is incorrect. If he does break rules, then we already have the right to take action whatever it may be.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 10/4/2013, 10:45 am

Sov wrote:I i ever see you, you will be PERMA-MUTED, even possibly banned for offending other player's religion and religious beliefs. So dont ever join the server again, thanks~

sov wrote:I only saod that because he POSES a threat to the server, that is all. I didnt say it just because,

Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 10/4/2013, 1:05 pm

Don't wanna be a smartass kind of guy here but that's just spam and spam is against the forum rules.
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 10/4/2013, 4:31 pm

Okay, well it seems the topic has run out.
I'm gonna lock this before it spins out of control.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum