Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Register in the IRC

3 posters

Go down

How to Register in the IRC Empty How to Register in the IRC

Post by Vince 21/4/2013, 4:23 pm

It seems the IRC is getting more and more frequently used, so I think it's a good time to post this. Registering a nick (username) on the IRC is important so that other people can't take away your name or impersonate you. Registering on the IRC is a bit more complicated than on the server, but still very easy. Here goes:
1) Type /msg nickserv register (password) (email address) into the chat. It should send an email with a confirmation code.
2) Type in the confirmation code as such: /msg nickserv confirm (code)
3) You've now registered! To login, simply do /msg nickserv identify (username) (password)
*a shortcut for /msg nickserv is /ns- for example, you can do /ns identify instead of /msg nickserv identify, and /ns register instead of /msg nickserv register.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to Register in the IRC Empty Re: How to Register in the IRC

Post by King Bubbles 24/4/2013, 6:30 pm

Yes, this would be a very helpful post to those who are new the IRC. I had this problem at one point; someone was impersonating me on the IRC, and it was quite difficult to work it out. Anyways, I'm glad you posted this, Vince! It will help other people in a way that is like saving their life, because some people like chocolates and unicorns. I like cheetos and noodles! Mr. Vince ate an apple yesterday and named it Bob after he ate it. Preposterously directed movie, Vince!
King Bubbles
King Bubbles
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

How to Register in the IRC Empty Re: How to Register in the IRC

Post by Anthony 1/5/2013, 10:47 am

thanks for the help vince
Anthony
Anthony
Donator
Donator