Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know.

+4
Gathor
TheRealUltimario1337
Yitan99
Zilophos
8 posters

Go down

Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know. Empty Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know.

Post by Zilophos 8/2/2013, 9:30 pm

Ok, I'm just going to make this short and sweet. Here am I am building the Mage's College, and BAM! It's ALL GONE! My screen froze up, and the next thing I know, my entire build is gone. It was probably one of my best too! Oh.. and did I mention this happened TWICE? So apparently if this is a hacker we're dealing with, this person could easily destroy the server. One shot, boom, map is completely gone. I'm absolutely distrought, and horridly pissed off to all hell right now. If anybody knows what might have happened, or would like to confess and get an axe shoved up their arse, I'd like to see it.
Zilophos
Zilophos

Back to top Go down

Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know. Empty Re: Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know.

Post by Yitan99 10/2/2013, 8:01 pm

The problem will be the map change because Erik change the map the 8 February because he was sick
Yitan99
Yitan99
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know. Empty Re: Server Incident: Hack? Error? I Don't Freakin' Know.

Post by TheRealUltimario1337 12/2/2013, 9:10 am

Same thing happened here. I was modifiying my house to make a pub and then my whole house dissapeared. After that i just rebuilt so to me its no big deal but you can check with Erik just to be safe [to make sure no ones messing with just you]
TheRealUltimario1337
TheRealUltimario1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Gathor 12/2/2013, 12:26 pm

No Yitan it's not the map change. I know this because it happened on the new map.
More cases of unknown grief have been happening though.
Houses devastated with no one in the history of even placing a tile.
It's like houses where deliberately unfinished by their respective makers...
Of course that's not what's going on - I hope - but I am really curious of what is happening.
Anyhow these cases of unknown grief are still under investigation.
Patience is key here, so please be patient.
Sincerely

-(Gathor)-
Gathor
Gathor
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 12/2/2013, 1:41 pm

I dont know about that cause like Gathor said "no history available" means that no one griefed it, so it is weird. Erik may know, if he doesn"t, then me and anyone else who wants to help will have a meeting in teamspeak about how to resolve or at least control or find the source of this problem. Maybe its a player? Maybe its the server, but we'll find out.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix 13/2/2013, 3:58 am

Yeah this happened to me several times before, it was lagg in my case so maybe thats the reason you'r building dispeared.
Nix
Nix

Back to top Go down

Post by NoneStar_ 13/2/2013, 11:16 am

This happened to me too, I started over
NoneStar_
NoneStar_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 13/2/2013, 3:13 pm

Nothing has happened to me as far as I know o.o
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackwing_Dragon 14/2/2013, 4:48 am

Same and I asked Erik and he didnt know I reckon it is just lagg. My house went poof and half was like gone. But half like not split but like halfs worth.
Blackwing_Dragon
Blackwing_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NoneStar_ 14/2/2013, 10:16 am

I had something weird happen yesterday, I was building a castle in the Underworld and i saw a flash of a Character... He had a Mythril Hood and i believe some kind of glowing Armour, I talked about it in chat and said stuff like "i know you're there" and i got no response THEN I was doing the obsidian walls and i was almost done and i got MORE obsidian walls meaning whoever it was GAVE them to me.
I got it protected but haven't been back to it so i dunno the condition of it now XD
NoneStar_
NoneStar_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down