Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse?

+4
><(((*> fish
Surprised
Sovereign~
Vince
8 posters

Go down

Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse? Empty Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse?

Post by Vince 19/3/2013, 12:20 am

If anyone has seen the spawn recently ( to the right) they'll know it now looks like this:

Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse? K7NhEVMl

I'm assuming that Erik has turned off Corruption creep, and that only a builder/ above could have done this, unless there was a hacker. Comments anyone?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse? Empty Re: Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse?

Post by Sovereign~ 19/3/2013, 3:55 am

Hackers i dont think can over ride or bypass item restrictions cause it would just say " is restricted" for them, but i think seeds should be restricted and only be able to be played by admins, since we are getting a lot of assistants and mods now lol xD
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse? Empty Re: Corrupted Spawn- Unholy Water/ Vile Powder Abuse?

Post by Surprised 19/3/2013, 4:41 am

Sovereign~ wrote:Hackers i dont think can over ride or bypass item restrictions cause it would just say " is restricted" for them, but i think seeds should be restricted and only be able to be played by admins, since we are getting a lot of assistants and mods now lol xD
You don't trust your own staff? The people who represent your server? What the...

If you cant trust your own mods even, that's pretty sad.
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 19/3/2013, 7:45 am

Good point, Surprised. Sovereign, I think we can trust our Assistants and up to be responsible enough to use seeds and holy/ unholy water. I don't think we've caused any accidents with that stuff before. The main players I'm worried about are Builders and VIP; they can be a bit irresponsible sometimes.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 19/3/2013, 4:49 pm

I am and was not saying that I don't trust the assistants or mods, I am simply just saying that there are a lot of people applying for the assistant rank and sice admins have world edit, they should be able to use te items that were specified in this topic. It doesnt really matter to me, I was just putting in my opinion.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 19/3/2013, 8:12 pm

I understand, Sovereign- I'm not placing any blame on you. In fact, it was a bit harsh for Surprise to say what he did:
Surprised wrote: You don't trust your own staff? The people who represent your server? What the...
If you cant trust your own mods even, that's pretty sad.
This is a bit offensive, Surprise- try to tone down your comments in the future.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 19/3/2013, 8:30 pm

He sounds like a member that got banned from the forums...

But its okay Vince, no worries, i understand.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 19/3/2013, 8:37 pm

I just just stating my opinion, putting it out there because thats what first came to mind when i read sovereigns post. sorry if ive caused anything negative
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ><(((*> fish 20/3/2013, 12:33 am

I've never used the waters yet, but I think it could be restricted for builders (unless it actually was a hacker and not an unreliable builder :P) and possibly not for the new building ranks like constructor and architect. Corruption and Hallow can definitely add effect to a creation in Terraria, so it is not as useless. I think I can say with confidence that the major corruption growth was not done by a staff member. I think we can trust you guys. Just a thought.
><(((*> fish
><(((*> fish
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat 20/3/2013, 8:03 pm

Yea I notice that to
Cat
Cat
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoneStar_ 21/3/2013, 2:45 pm

Vince wrote:Good point, Surprised. Sovereign, I think we can trust our Assistants and up to be responsible enough to use seeds and holy/ unholy water. I don't think we've caused any accidents with that stuff before. The main players I'm worried about are Builders and VIP; they can be a bit irresponsible sometimes.
Don't blame me i havent been on the server for a long time xD, i hope i can get back on soon :3
NoneStar_
NoneStar_

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackwing_Dragon 22/3/2013, 8:39 pm

><(((*> fish wrote:I've never used the waters yet, but I think it could be restricted for builders (unless it actually was a hacker and not an unreliable builder :P) and possibly not for the new building ranks like constructor and architect. Corruption and Hallow can definitely add effect to a creation in Terraria, so it is not as useless. I think I can say with confidence that the major corruption growth was not done by a staff member. I think we can trust you guys. Just a thought.
construction and architect ?!?
That isn't in the news and announcements ?!?
Blackwing_Dragon
Blackwing_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 22/3/2013, 8:42 pm

No, it isnt formally decided yet.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowHeart24 23/3/2013, 11:09 pm

Sovereign~ wrote:Hackers i dont think can over ride or bypass item restrictions cause it would just say "<item name> is restricted" for them, but i think seeds should be restricted and only be able to be played by admins, since we are getting a lot of assistants and mods now lol xD
Ummm Actually some of the Hardcore (pro) hackers can override it but as far as I know we dont' have any of those on this server.....
ShadowHeart24
ShadowHeart24

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 24/3/2013, 6:12 am

King Bubbles mentioned this topic again:https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com/t510-corruption-at-spawn
Is anyone going/able to remove the corruption? Like, if it isn't meant to be there and it's causing issues then I assumed it would be removed instantly, if not by now.
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 24/3/2013, 11:11 am

Surprised, don't worry, I talked to Erik a few days ago about this. He said that he would remove it, but he's been very very busy lately, so he hasn't found the time to do so.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Surprised 25/3/2013, 5:22 am

Ah okay thank you Vince
Surprised
Surprised
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down