Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS)

+17
Cat
raptorz
megamenx
charred and burnt
Mikaela
CaptainJelly
popstarfreas
King Bubbles
Nix
xJulieBar47
PinoyEvan5
Shadow Knight
Coach
JakeZGamer
><(((*> fish
Vince
Erik
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS) Empty I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS)

Post by Erik 20/5/2013, 9:18 pm

Today on Monday, May the 20th (20/05/2013) I am sorry to announce that Erik's Terraria Server (ETS) will be shutting down, effective one week from today (27th).
I have decided this due to the overwhelming demand of personal life and online life colliding together.
I no longer enjoy keeping order or even doing maintenance anymore, and have neglected to do so a lot in the recent weeks.
The majority of my computer has been consumed by the life of all of this, all of my Internet favourites and files cluttered with links and files for the server.
It is all too much. Especially since I am soon going to be taking on an exponential amount of work I already have, going into college.

It's been interesting being the owner of this community since approximately September of 2012. Being the second community I have made, I have met many people over the time of ETS and found that Terraria isn't the most enjoyable game after a very long period of time, I stayed for the community to be honest. Unfortunately many other people also realize this over time so it has been quite the hassle trying to find reliable, active staff members. As of late many very good and dependable staff members have come to surface but I unfortunately no longer have the time to appreciate it all. I have met only a few extravagant, extraordinary builders who have happened to fall into this community which I am honestly truely honored to find, since I myself try to be 'artsy'. Also more over seen but only a small amount of different personalities over time, learning to deal with different situations and such. I as a staff member feel I have grown and learned copiousness amounts of information from this community, I hope others feel that way too, if not from me then hopefully from others.

The forums will remain since they are free, but I'm afraid I'm going to take down the IRC, and the server. The server is eating money and I haven't made one tenth the amount I have paid for it, in donations, but that is not something I regret.

I know that this is a very bad time for all since our precious game Terraria is on the verge of updating after being considered a "finished game" for so very long, but this is how it must end.

It was great everybody, I will never forget this community.
- Erik

P.S.
How ironic would it be if Terraria updated tomorrow?

Last edited by Erik on 21/5/2013, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS) Empty Re: I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS)

Post by Vince 20/5/2013, 9:52 pm

Not really anything to say.... good luck on your other servers, guys!
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS) Empty Re: I'm sorry. - End of Erik's Terraria Server (ETS)

Post by ><(((*> fish 20/5/2013, 11:11 pm

Wow, this is a bummer. It's been a great, and exciting journey here at ETS.
I have learned many things about you guys and I even learned on how to be a better person.

This..this is gonna really suck, but we should remember the good times rather than regretting the bad. I'm gonna miss you guys. I'm so used to coming on the forums that I'll probably still go on once it's closed.

Erik, I wish you the best of luck in life. I don't blame you, it takes a lot to do what you have done for us. I hope you bring peace back into your life. Honestly, you are one heck of a man for doing this. Enjoy your stay in college, it might be the best days of your life!

Who knows, maybe once Starbound comes out we can make a new ESS. I was planning on buying a 4-pack of pre-orders for you, Vince, Sov, and I, maybe once you aren't so busy we could do that. Feel free to always hit me up.

We had a good run everyone, the fact that this server has been alive and thriving this long is something to be proud of. We should all go on the server and IRC while we can before it's too late. I'm proud to say I was part of the ETS community, and you guys should too.

PS: You better have a fucking good time at college! xD
><(((*> fish
><(((*> fish
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 20/5/2013, 11:18 pm

Lol is that Starbound offer still up Fish?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ><(((*> fish 20/5/2013, 11:21 pm

Fuck yah. I'm excited for that. Maybe a FSS, Fish's Starbound Server xD Nah, if it does happen, and Erik is not ready for it, I nominate Vince as the Server Manager. Hit me up to talk about it.
><(((*> fish
><(((*> fish
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeZGamer 21/5/2013, 2:38 am

How ironic, you are shutting it down on memorial day XD . Well anyway it has been a nice 5 months of being here, and 4 months of being part of Staff. I will miss everyone I don't have contact to, because I will not see them again. Goodbye ETS! If ETS gets shut down, I still have like 3 lives, metaphorically, a gamer life with my friends, school life by staring at a certain someone xDD, and a special life lol. If ETS gets shut down, my Terraria life is over, and going over to my FPS and Skype lives.

Erik, we are sorry if you feel we are wasting your money. We will try to enjoy other stuff out there!
JakeZGamer
JakeZGamer
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

http://aboutz.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 21/5/2013, 5:13 am

Seriously, Erik this is Terrible but I understand you're situation to everyone I have met on this server I will miss you all and I have had an awesome time here.
Have a good time at College Erik!

Coach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Knight 21/5/2013, 6:07 am

I just got Constructors D: T.T

Shadow Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PinoyEvan5 21/5/2013, 8:07 am

I'll probably never play Terraria until the server goes back again...which might never come back, ever. I'll still be active in the forums even if there's not much topics to be seen since there will be no ETS. I'm still happy from those few months of playing in the server. I'll make sure my gaming in ETS will be meaningful for those few days left on the server. Well, see you guys in the server. Good luck on College, Erik. Maybe someday you'll open up the server again after you graduate...4 more years to wait XD

PinoyEvan5
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 21/5/2013, 9:11 am

Such an amazing server ends in such short notice

Coach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by xJulieBar47 21/5/2013, 9:47 am

Well, don't worry. The ETS there will be every time, there is the forum on still too! Just play a survival with your friends

xJulieBar47

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix 21/5/2013, 1:22 pm

Eh this really sucks but I had 6 great months on this server. Thank you Erik for even creating this great server. Honestly this server and its community is the only reason I play Terraria and I'll quit it once this server shuts down. But I had some really great times here and I am happy that I met all of you awesome people. I will never forget this server and the players who have really been great friends. I wish you, Erik and everyone else best of luck in life.
Nix
Nix

Back to top Go down

Post by King Bubbles 21/5/2013, 5:10 pm

I'm very, very sad to see this.
I spent months on this amazing server and I probably spent around 2000 hours on it. I am honored to have a been a Staff member on such a great server.
I made so many great friends that I will never forget.
Erik, I really do hope you have a great life and a great time in college. You really do deserve it.
I have one question though. Would you be able to hand down the server to one of us Staff members? It would be an honor to run a server like this, even if it cost money. I'm not necessarily saying me, just anyone who wants to and you know would do a great job. Keeping this server running would be like a dream come true. I spent soooooo much time on here and I won't know what to do with myself when it's gone. Please take this to consideration.
Anyways, Erik, you've given all of us a great time on this amazing server, and I really do thank you for that. I will never forget your hard work and unselfish dedication to let us have a great time.
We still have the forums and communication through Steam. Maybe some of us can get together in games some time!
I'll miss you all~ (unless someone takes over and runs it hint...hint)
King Bubbles
King Bubbles
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by popstarfreas 21/5/2013, 5:33 pm

Well I never thought this would happen. I've seen many great servers come to end over my time hosting a terraria server but I never thought ETS would go down. You've done a great job Erik and it's a shame I never got that response on the partnership (jokes, I know its hard to make a decision). I would have probably closed my server down just like you but I managed to find a friend to host it just in time. Hopefully, you enjoy your free-time that you never had because of server duties. I wish you luck for the rest of your life. (SOOO reminds me of what I said to those other guys who quit hosting >.<)
Although I never got the chance to play on your server enough and join in with your community, I'm confident you held a great community and an amazing server.

Best of luck,
~Popstarfreas

popstarfreas

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 21/5/2013, 5:34 pm

^popstarfreas, where did you come from lol?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 21/5/2013, 6:03 pm

As King Bubbles said, I wish someone could take over and run ETS

Coach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 21/5/2013, 6:39 pm

Thanks Popstarfreas, sorry I couldn't give you a final decision.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by popstarfreas 21/5/2013, 6:44 pm

Vince wrote:^popstarfreas, where did you come from lol?
Hahaha, I'm less involved in the community so no one ever knows me anywhere. I own my own community and am friends with Erik through steam as well as advertising his server on my website. Busy owners are busy

popstarfreas

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 21/5/2013, 6:47 pm

^seen u in the Tshock forums quite often
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by popstarfreas 21/5/2013, 6:59 pm

Vince wrote:^seen u in the Tshock forums quite often
I suppose that'd be the only place I really go. Even so, I don't post that often. And to keep my posts on topic:
Good luck Erik!

popstarfreas

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainJelly 21/5/2013, 10:34 pm

Damn.. I was just getting active. Even though this server is going to end, I won't forget all the fun times I had on it. I remember when I first came, all of the staff and builders greeted me, I felt special. Now that I have gotten demoted from Accessory to Trusted, I want to say, I'm sorry for letting you down as a pre-staff and not being so active for that last month. You have made the best Terraria server I've ever been on. You have a great community, great friends, and great staff. I hope you have the best time in college. Good luck!
CaptainJelly
CaptainJelly
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikaela 21/5/2013, 10:39 pm

Wow, this is really saddening since I just found this server a couple weeks ago. This was the only server I ever really liked and thanks Erik for that. It has been a pleasure playing on this fantastic server, although it was a short time. I was looking forward to building more things and getting higher ranks. I guess I can find another server that most of you are going on. Thanks again Erik for the great time ~mikaela~

Mikaela

Back to top Go down

Post by charred and burnt 22/5/2013, 12:22 am

I'll take a copy of Starbound, fish XD

charred and burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by megamenx 22/5/2013, 2:17 am

this is Megaman X
nooo!!! i just falling in love with this server!!

why why why why whyy

still cant accept the reality!!
megamenx
megamenx

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 22/5/2013, 3:19 am

Please, could someone even consider taking over this server, because this is the Awesomest server I have ever played!!

Coach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next