Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment

+10
xJulieBar47
Coach
raptorz
><(((*> fish
Isaiah 4
Erik
PinoyEvan5
Mikaela
King Bubbles
Vince
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment Empty To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment

Post by Vince 22/5/2013, 5:58 pm

Erik doesn't mind us hosting a server by ourselves, but he does not want any "ETS" feel to it.
Meaning, if (and only IF) we host a new server, there might be some big changes. I'd say that Staff will still be Staff, but the rest of you will probably start anew (maybe not completely, but just not where you are currently at). There will be rank changes, rule changes, plugin changes, map changes, playing changes. My question is: would you guys be interested? Please, post your input!
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment Empty Re: To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment

Post by King Bubbles 22/5/2013, 6:04 pm

Vince, why wouldn't I be into it!
I have a few questions, though.
1. Will we have the same Staff ranks? (I really want them)
2. Will Staff have different positions, or will they stay the same rank?
3. Can we please use these forums?
4. Will you be owner?

I'm all up for it, Vince! If I can assist you in any way, I'd be honored to.
King Bubbles
King Bubbles
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment Empty Re: To (sort of) Sum Things Up: Where we're standing at the moment

Post by Vince 22/5/2013, 6:08 pm

1) Staff ranks will be changed, but there will generally be 3 ranks, like now. I'm going to move around the permissions/ commands for each rank.
2) Same general rank. Accessories will be moved to the first rank, Mods will be moved to the second rank, Admins will be moved to the third rank.
3) We will have a different, upgraded forum and IRC.
4) Yes, if this happens.
I can't emphasize this enough, THIS IS ONLY TENTATIVE- WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET A HOST.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikaela 22/5/2013, 7:05 pm

I think- that this is a great idea!

Mikaela

Back to top Go down

Post by PinoyEvan5 22/5/2013, 7:13 pm

I agree in joining a new server with people you could trust. As long as we are together, I am happy with that. I have a few questions too,
1. What will the server name be?
2. After finding a suitable host, what will happen?

PinoyEvan5
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 22/5/2013, 7:16 pm

1) It' wont be ETS, for sure. It won't be VTS either, haha... I'll try to think of one. Later on, I might ask for suggestions, but please don't give any right now, as I'm still uncertain of getting a host.
2) After we get the host, I might spend a few days configuring the server. It'll be a new ip. Then, the server will start up again!
Again, I cannot stress this point enough: THIS IS ONLY TENTATIVE, WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET A HOST. DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 22/5/2013, 9:29 pm

Vince wrote:Erik doesn't mind us hosting a server by ourselves, but he does not want any "ETS" feel to it.
Meaning, if (and only IF) we host a new server, there might be some big changes. I'd say that Staff will still be Staff, but the rest of you will probably start anew (maybe not completely, but just not where you are currently at). There will be rank changes, rule changes, plugin changes, map changes, playing changes. My question is: would you guys be interested? Please, post your input!
This would be pleasing.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by King Bubbles 22/5/2013, 9:36 pm

Man. I'm really gonna miss these forums.
Again, thank you, for providing a great and comfortable community, Erik
King Bubbles
King Bubbles
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaiah 4 22/5/2013, 10:57 pm

I think this is a really cool idea. The only thing is, planning all the ranks without copying ETS will be pretty hard to do. Everytime we try to make something up, our minds might drift to ETS. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible!

P.S. If there is/are going to be any sortif rank for people who like to build, like King said about Staff, I would like to keep those.

Also, regarding the rules, if this did happen, when trying to get Staff, would there be a pardon for people without Steam? Because that's part of why I could never apply.

Last edited by Isaiah 4 on 22/5/2013, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to add something)
Isaiah 4
Isaiah 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 22/5/2013, 11:37 pm

Isaiah 4 wrote:
P.S. If there is/are going to be any sortif rank for people who like to build, like King said about Staff, I would like to keep those.
Yes, but probably under a different name.
Isaiah 4 wrote: Also, regarding the rules, if this did happen, when trying to get Staff, would there be a pardon for people without Steam? Because that's part of why I could never apply.
Yes, probably.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ><(((*> fish 23/5/2013, 12:29 am

I like this. If Erik doesn't want any affiliation to it, we should start over from there. I'd suggest we take our time, no real rush here. I'm looking forward to this. Contact me if you want to talk (anyone).
><(((*> fish
><(((*> fish
Server Accessory
Server Accessory

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 1:51 am

I have good server already (hamachi). No forums yet, i have ranks and vince i can make you owner.
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 1:55 am

raptorz wrote:I have good server already (hamachi). No forums yet, i have ranks and vince i can make you owner.
Not quite enough. Anyone, even I can use hamachi. We need a dedicated 24/7 open host.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:25 am

Vince wrote:
Not quite enough. Anyone, even I can use hamachi. We need a dedicated 24/7 open host.
That server is 24/7 and i can try to make it no hamachi
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:33 am

we need a VPS in order to unsure little lag/ minimal crashes. It also won't be as easy as you think to make it non-hamachi.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:35 am

I think i can make it non-hamachi today, better try than not doing anything+ my terraria have never crashed
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:43 am

You sure you can make it non hamachi..? You can port forward?
Even if you do, if your PC is even slightly slow, it won't work- there'll be too many crashes (just ask Ryst).
I also need access to your files in some way to configure the server.
Also need to have a way to set up IRC bridge/ good forum.
Can you do all that?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:45 am

Well... if you can make forums, its too hard for me. I will make all that after 3 my time
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:47 am

IRC bridge? Its on your side- if you can't do anything, no one can.
Also, how good exactly if you laptop?
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:50 am

Well... i dont know how to say it in english but its game laptop, all my gamed work high quality and it pay 1000.
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:53 am

Hmmm.... somehow, I don't think this'll work.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:55 am

Well i say if it works, i try to make it today
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:56 am

=.= As in, this system won't work.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorz 23/5/2013, 2:58 am

Ok, tuen i keep it hamachi and everyone can join
raptorz
raptorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/5/2013, 2:59 am

God... you aren't understanding a thing I'm saying...
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next