Erik's Terraria Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Approved] Turtle's Unban Request.

+3
Sovereign~
Vince
Turtle
7 posters

Go down

[Approved] Turtle's Unban Request. Empty [Approved] Turtle's Unban Request.

Post by Turtle 23/2/2013, 5:16 am

Reason for ban: Misbehaviour.
Player who banned me: captain_qcumber.
Do I feel the ban is fair: No.
Description of what happened: I had joined the server to take a stroll. I was amused to see the rank of 'Assistant' on the server - it being a rank that CFS had originally coined for Terraria. I remarked upon this and got a frowny face from an Assistant, 'J' something. From there begins the bias. Anyway.. as I float along the world, I observe a great deal of grief. I decide to do the proper thing and point it out so that the many Staff online could go to my location and repair it. Instead of a swift /goto and rollback, I am criticized for attempting to help the server maintain a good image for new players. The Assistant states how they know there is lots of grief (making me wonder why it isn't being dealt with) and says that I don't need to bring it up every time (which I would think I do in order for it to be resolved). I am instantly kicked for something like 'mind your own business' (I am sorry but I forget what the exact wording was).

I desire to keep playing on what has proven to be an enjoyable server, for the most part, and rejoin the server. I am greeted by a great number of confused players and the spam of 'A chill goes down your spine' which was the result of a player spamming. I state "well have fun with this lol" or something similar and then state "anyway" upon which I instantly find myself banned for the reason of 'Misbehaviour'.
Why you should be unbanned: I do not feel that I had made such an impact to deserve a ban. I did not bring up the previous incident nor did I break any rule that your server contains in what I said after I rejoined. With what was going on - it was hard not to become a part of the spam business.. - thus I do not feel it was fair to be banned.

On a side note, you banned the wrong people for the spam. Lol. I would suggest you unban them and look to the IRC history and observe who was actually causing the spam.

Last edited by Erik on 26/2/2013, 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I used improper structuring in one line.)
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

[Approved] Turtle's Unban Request. Empty Re: [Approved] Turtle's Unban Request.

Post by Vince 23/2/2013, 12:41 pm

I think from this request that you should be unbanned, you have done nothing seriously wrong. However from this report, I get the hint that you are one of those players with... "attitude". I know the assistant who initially kicked you, JakeZgamer. I do not believe he is one to so pettily kick other players for no reason. I believe you might have said something else that made Jake kick you.
I also do not like the fact that throughout this report you are constantly hinting at the fact that the Server Staff is incompetent and ill- suited. There are a multitude of rebuttals for your constant sprinkle of accusations, which I do not have the time to post right now.
In the case that you are unbanned, I suggest you really fix that attitude of yours. Respect the server staff, and don't talk back to them (which I suspect you did). Try to understand that it is hard to tell whether or not a player is joking (which is why I believe you were mistakenly banned). And above all, try not to accuse the Staff; some of us work very hard to keep this server going as it is.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 23/2/2013, 1:14 pm

Exactly what vince said, you shouldnt be wondering why grief hasnt been resolved yet and also Moderators and Administrators are the only players that can roll back, which we only have about 3 current players that can do so. Everyone is busy with their own business in life such as school, family and anything else that is important. Grief DOES get rolled back, but only if its found by a mod or admin, in which case, you can then mention the grief to an assistant so he can analyze the history and probably place a sign with the information so that us mods and admins can roll the building back. Assistants aren't people to worry about griefing though, their main purpose is to make sure that houses get protected for players when a player asks for protection. A griefed house is for a mod or admin, so if one is online, mention to the mod that their is grief. Just be sure to not harass the staff about griefing. Griefing happens everyday, their will always be grief somewhere, so dont mention grief allthe time because we DO KNOW.

I think you were possibly banned because you made it SEEM like you were the one SPAMMING the chill going down your spine thing since you said "Well have fun with this". I personally would have banned you too since since you (not saying i was you, but assuming it was you) seemed to have made it sound like you were the doing it and trying to cover it up but saying your comment.

If you end up being unbanned, I recommend you being cautious about what you say. There is a wrong time and a right time to say something, in your case, i was the wrong time. Also, like vince said, I sense some attitude too. Don't tell staff what they should or should not do, like checking the IRC History to find out who was causing the spam.

One more thing, if all this happened to you, then you should have taken screenshots as proof of what was going on and a picture of it showing thtbyou got kicked for misbehavior.
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 23/2/2013, 1:58 pm

This is pretty much the first heated unban request, in the past only people that I have banned seem to appeal it so I take care of it right away.

But in this case it is captain_qcumber's ban, so he shall have the final say.

*Edit*
Is Turtle your in-game name?
Seems to have neglected to post this part of the unban request.

Last edited by Erik on 23/2/2013, 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

https://etsdownforgood.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeZGamer 23/2/2013, 2:17 pm

...I did not kick anyone last night... FYI I only kick people with a reason not 'Misbehavior'. I already checked all the griefs and yet I see no griefer online on my ban list. Captain was there ghosting and we were banning about maybe one or two players for griefing. I don't kick people for no reason... I don't see why people are saying that when they weren't there. I was only saying that I know there were probably about 20 griefs out there, that is why I told him you don't have to bring it up. I checked the Build Tunnels, the left, and the right side of spawn. I only kick people as if they were spamming, using caps constantly, griefing, hacking, using a spam name, and mute disrespectful people like stephen for example. He was disrespecting everyone. We all know that you were innocent. Captain pribably accused you of spamming that line. One of your paragraphs do not seem to go with your ban. I wonder why you have put an extra one.

If you manage to get unbanned, be careful of what you say, what you accuse, and be careful of your attitude. In other words, have fun in the server! captain has the final say though.
JakeZGamer
JakeZGamer
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

http://aboutz.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle 23/2/2013, 9:37 pm

Vince wrote:I believe you might have said something else that made Jake kick you.
If it becomes an issue then I would ask someone who had chat logging enabled at the time speaks up and shares the logs of that short time with us.

2demonic wrote:One more thing, if all this happened to you, then you should have taken screenshots as proof of what was going on and a picture of it showing thtbyou got kicked for misbehavior.
I did not anticipate being banned and do not see the point in taking screenshots of all I say, aha. Again, the IRC logs would clear this all up. That said, I am having trouble finding your connection details for it and all I am seeing is some forum-chat thingy. Can someone share with me the connection detail?

2demonic wrote:I think you were possibly banned because you made it SEEM like you were the one SPAMMING the chill going down your spine thing since you said "Well have fun with this". I personally would have banned you too since since you (not saying i was you, but assuming it was you) seemed to have made it sound like you were the doing it and trying to cover it up but saying your comment.
If that was why I was banned then I wonder why other members were banned for it after I left and on that note, why I am still banned. I can only assume that the spam was not the reason I am banned.

Erik wrote:Is Turtle you're in-game name?
Correct, my apologies for not making that clear in the initial post.

JakeZGamer wrote:One of your paragraphs do not seem to go with your ban. I wonder why you have put an extra one.
What paragraph?

Anyway, thank you all for your swift replies and thoughts on this matter. I'll check back later to see if there is any new developments.
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 23/2/2013, 9:42 pm

I do not think this post has increased your chances of being unbanned, Turtle. It only reveals your "attitude". For once I would like to hear a small concession, instead of nitpicking criticism. I was originally supporting your unban, but I am having doubts now..
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle 23/2/2013, 9:53 pm

Vince wrote:I do not think this post has increased your chances of being unbanned, Turtle. It only reveals your "attitude". For once I would like to hear a small concession, instead of nitpicking criticism. I was originally supporting your unban, but I am having doubts now..
I am not criticizing anyone nor am I striving to do so. I was responding to points in a professional and formulated manner. The way I type can put some people off but I don't see the point in making every post overly friendly. Just simple and to the point is good for me.

I am sorry if what I've said in my response has been taken in a negative manner but, well, yeah.

I'm not displaying the mentality of a 12 year old in what I say aha, I'm studying Law and I prefer to be direct and to the point as I have been taught to be.
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 23/2/2013, 10:19 pm

Turtle wrote:I am not criticizing anyone nor am I striving to do so. I was responding to points in a professional and formulated manner.
This seems to be accurate.

I can try to pull some of the logs.
And you're still not unbanned because captain_qcumber has banned you, so he has to decide whether or not to unban you.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign~ 23/2/2013, 11:40 pm

I know what vince is trying to say about the "nitpicking" criticism and "attitude", I see it, but thats not what I am here to talk about and reply to.

If you get kicked for whatever reason, then you should take a screenshot just in case you do get banned. When you rejoin the server, you should then ask why you were kcked.

Also, I dont know what you are trying to say about the "connection details" and "forum-chat thingy".
Sovereign~
Sovereign~
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/superhumanreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Warns 24/2/2013, 8:44 pm

Here is some relevant information that I pulled from your server log.
(/me pushes the EASY button)

Code:
2013-02-22 19:41:19 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: Turtle has joined.
2013-02-22 19:41:47 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Does this server have an IRC?
2013-02-22 19:41:59 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Ahahaha, they have Assistants. xD
2013-02-22 19:42:14 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Assistant] JakeZGamer: Turtls, have a problem with assistants?
2013-02-22 19:42:18 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Assistant] JakeZGamer: :|
2013-02-22 19:42:34 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: No, only that it's blatently copied.
2013-02-22 19:42:45 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Assistant] JakeZGamer: how would you know if it's copied?
2013-02-22 19:42:54 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Because CFS did it months ago, suddenly....
2013-02-22 19:43:00 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Oh look, buildtunnels.
2013-02-22 19:43:12 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Oh look, grief.
2013-02-22 19:43:31 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Oh look, shit loads of grief.
2013-02-22 19:44:27 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Whoa, more grief.
2013-02-22 19:44:33 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Who would have thought it..
2013-02-22 19:44:48 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: Seriously, do you guys even rollback?
2013-02-22 19:44:48 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Assistant] JakeZGamer: Turtle we know there are griefs
2013-02-22 19:44:55 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: This place is decimated.
2013-02-22 19:44:57 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Assistant] JakeZGamer: you don't have to say grief everytime you see one
2013-02-22 19:45:05 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: I suppose that when the entire map is griefed...
2013-02-22 19:45:09 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: yeah I agree with you.
2013-02-22 19:45:12 - Utils: INFO: Kicked Turtle for : mind your own damn business.
2013-02-22 19:45:12 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: captain_qcumber kicked Turtle for mind your own damn business.
2013-02-22 19:45:12 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: Turtle left
2013-02-22 19:45:12 - Action`1: INFO: Turtle disconnected.
2013-02-22 19:45:29 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: Turtle has joined.
2013-02-22 19:45:46 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: I think that you all deserve this.
2013-02-22 19:45:48 - TShock: INFO: Broadcast: [Guest] Turtle: ANyway.
2013-02-22 19:45:54 - Utils: INFO: Banned Turtle for : Misbehavior.
2013-02-22 19:45:54 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: captain_qcumber banned Turtle for misbehavior.
2013-02-22 19:45:54 - Utils: INFO: Broadcast: Turtle left
2013-02-22 19:45:54 - Action`1: INFO: Turtle disconnected.

Hope this helps you figure things out!
Warns
Warns

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 24/2/2013, 8:52 pm

Wow, this is great evidence! Thank you Warns.. uh... wait... WHERE DID YOU GET THIS FROM?!!! (lol?)
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle 25/2/2013, 12:20 am

Thank you, Warns, for that helpful and valuable information in this situation.
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 25/2/2013, 12:57 am

Turtle, I believe that his post has shown your rather unpleasant attitude. If you still can't tell after re-reading what you have said, I suggest you go to a therapist, not kidding. You could really hurt a lot of people with your mindset.
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle 25/2/2013, 5:39 am

Regardless of how I am and how this has been handled by the Staff, we still need to wait for captain_qcumber's verdict.
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince 25/2/2013, 10:51 pm

Turtle, after I've gotten to know you better, you don't seem like too bad of a guy. I'll be happy to entertain you here at Erik's Terraria Server (or should we change it to Eriks' Fun Server?)
Vince
Vince
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_qcumber 26/2/2013, 10:28 pm

I'm sorry I didn't reply quickly,

You seem very professional in this matter and I believe there isn't enough evidence to keep you banned~

Apologies.
captain_qcumber
captain_qcumber
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle 26/2/2013, 10:30 pm

Thank you much for resolving this matter, it is much appreciated.
Turtle
Turtle
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik 26/2/2013, 11:29 pm

Unban request approved, locking this thread.
Erik
Erik
ETS Owner
ETS Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down